I’ve been meme-tagged by an Internet friend of a sort I’ve only cultivated in the last few years: one with whom I’ve never directly communicated. She has a blog at drinkerthinker.com.
Here are the rules.
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
So. The Facts:
- First random semi-interesting net-factoid I can think of: I was on LambdaMOO during The Troubles in ’93. I think of those days as the pre-Giuliani Internet, and of the modern web as InternetLand, sponsored by Purell. Related: I miss punks, goths, and ravers. Is there really only one subculture now? Geez.
- I’ve driven or been droveded on the entire length of the Alcan (Alaska-Canada highway) at least 9 times. After half a dozen they start to blur together.
- Related: I was head-butted by a mountain goat in Canada. Clipped me from the side, right on the temple.
- Possibly also related: I have great difficulty remembering names, especially actors’ names, especially actors in heists. (Most recently: George Clooney.) (Also the names of heists, or crime dramas.)
- I get chilly while watching heists, especially during tense scenes involving lying or major revelations. I’m getting a little tense writing this, actually, but I’m not going to say precisely why.
- I do the dishes when tense. I’m going to go wash the dishes next, but first, one more major revelation:
- I medaled at a national academic championship for extemporaneous essay-writing. That’s why this entry has been so amazing, see, I’m a natural. I believe I argued that assuming an indefinite period of prosperity (it was the 90s), the US would last longer as a fascist state than as a representative democracy, owing to a more stable and tractable business environment, citing Charlemagne, Reagan, and the Apostle Paul. Grownups in the 90s ate that kind of thing up.
And lastly, seven people whose answers I’d be interested to see, and to whom I will link as soon as I can find their blogs:
- Richard Feynman
- Groucho Marx
- Jim Henson
- Peter Sellers
- Gene Wilder
- The walleyed guy with the teeth who played the sidekick of the boss in the heist movie who played the cop in that 70′s crime drama where they drive all over and go into diner or something and pretend to beat up a guy who’s actually an informer, not the main guy but his partner, the one who looks like Andrew Jackson with a combover.
- Dr. Teeth
That’s the end of the meme, thanks for reading!« previously: Las Vegas sign graveyard | Home | next: Popeye Meets Bruce Lee »